Friday, February 1, 2019

My Winter Managerie


The patient, also known as an African Violet is now just one of the guys. After
changing out it's well of tap water and added minerals via an orchid fertilizer
with a sodium free carbonated mineral water. I feel I had done all I could and
now it's just a matter of moderating fluid levels and light.

While the other Winter residents are taking in the artificial light and warmth
and in a sense keeping each other company.

One other observation is on the African Violet leaf cuttings. Although a different
variety than the one under the dome. I also replaced it's water with the mineral
and fertilizer mix and and notice an increase in hue of it's leaf stems. 

Now the race is on to which AF will develop roots first. Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment