Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Big Blue's - Day 83 - Tipping Point

I did try to advert this oncoming disaster by calling my
tree guy Friday when I saw it leaning in closer to the power
lines as the days went by. All time the flowers were developing
and adding more weight to this leaning tower of wonder. The
law of gravity, yesterday's rain along with physics took hold,
which was the tipping point. Not having my crystal ball plugged in,
didn't help either.

This morning I called my tree guy only to find out then that
he can't touch it and to call the utilities and have them come
out and take it down. After calling the utilities this morning
and initiating a work order, thinking all is done and prompt
service to remedy the situation.

Hours later, and still nothing, not until hours later I hear my
next store neighbor calling my name and to tell me that my
plant is leaning over the power line and hearing it getting
fried. I get back on the phone to the utilities trying to get
them out here only to find that someone on the block called
911 and our glorious fire department was on the spot.
By that time the said top of this Agave had been severed
off and cauterized.

The fire department had notified the utilities and they were
on the way as I relayed the same to the utilities on the phone
that dire department called the utilities to do what you guys
failed to do.

Minutes later the utilities were there doing the honors of
trimming this giant down to size.

Lesson learned, can't have your trees and Agave too.

No comments:

Post a Comment