Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sunchoke rooting in water update - Separating rooting sprouts from tuber.

This Sunchoke is beginning to look like the Emerald City.
Six sprouts and hoping for more
It's been a week now since
Jerusalem artichokes Helianthus tuberosa - also known as Sunchokes

Links above for previous Posts

Three weeks in since introduced to
Sunchokes for eating and to grow.
They're ready to be separated and
planted.


Welcome to my Operating Theater.
It helps having a nice sharp Xacto knife.







Seven potential possibilities. I can now appreciate 
having made this Compost on hand to start these sprouts and that I was so
 diligent in making last year. Now I will have to start the whole
process over again this year and keep this reason in mind.

It's back to the indoor nursery. Oh, I have a House Gecko that hangs around 
this light. As we and it knows that light attracts insects and so the Gecko left some
droppings in exchange. So the gardener that I am, I tossed it in with the sprouts.

Should the Gecko stick around a bit more, perhaps I could have six more please.

No comments:

Post a Comment