Sunday, April 19, 2015

Germinating Angel Begonia - Begonia coccinea Seeds and boy are these seeds tiny.

Break out the reliable old yogurt maker and some cotton pads. Once a pad
is placed at the bottom of each vessel. I then open up and sprinkle the seeds
onto the cotton pad.
What appears to be brown dust are the seeds. Yikes! No pressure.

Covering the seeds with another cotton pad and adding some filtered water.
Then closing lids and plugging in the yogurt maker to help maintain a
consistent warmth to benefit in the germinating process. Will start checking
in on them in a few days for warmth and add water as needed.

If these are successful I would like to try some more begonia seeds from
my own garden and then next, some orchid seeds I have in the making.

I will have to place my Easter Cactus cutting in some water to revive it a bit
first before I set it out to dry the cut end for a day or two.





No comments:

Post a Comment