Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Let Me See - Gardener's Tales

 

I'll start counting backward from today's garden observation. It first started with a most unusual

bird call. Unusual as in, vaguely familiar but  it  made me to look for it's source and if possible

and make a discovery. Of course this winged wonder flitted to some dense vegetation and alas

it pokes it's now familiar self. Thinking to myself and being as quick to identify this bird as well

as I am with a plant. The familiar maple syrup colorings, long thin beak and large eyes and plumper 

than a sparrow and what are you doing around here this time of the year? Not sure if they are here

all year round. Naturally this Carolina Wren was a pleasant surprise, but I was hoping for something

more exotic., which brings to me to my next sighting.


A couple of days ago looking over the yard for the effects from last night's heavy down pour. 

As a very large black and yellow banded, large lobed swallow tail butterfly waltzes into my gaze. 

I'm hoping it will loop back so I can get a better look and while still amazed on it's size and wondering

that it must of been shipped in as a chrysalis and was let loose and cast it's spell on someone, with

it's other worldly beauty and that would be me and some on told masses.


So, how bout that Lunar eclipse? That didn't show it's pale red self until near midnight in the south 

south eastern sky.  What a bute.


P.S.  Witnessed the other day a Red-eared Slider turtle deposit it's eggs near the lake's shore line up

and away from the water. BTW, these sliders are not native and considered invasive, but still fun to

watch and observe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment