Saturday, September 22, 2018

Cacao Tree Update

Never looked better.

I was hoping to see some blooms this year. I have the two main trunks and
plenty of lateral growth to encourage it to start blooming. Producing pods is
a whole other process. Time will tell.

It will be another month or two before I have to bring this equatorial specimen
indoors. Indoors, that is as dry as the desert. Last year it spent time in my music
room and bedroom. At sixty degree temperatures, it slows it growth down to
nothing. This is not normal for an equatorial plant. So I try to maintain it's
growing season by bringing it indoors and spritzing it with rainwater, if I
have any to spare, and when I think about it. Along with a trim to help make
it manageable.As much as I enjoyed looking at this tree while I playing my piano.
The misting of water on the tree was great for this tree but not for my piano.
I have a new piano tuner and he says moisture is a piano's enemy. So this
is the first year I made a point not open my windows at all. He was right.
my piano's tuning as held surprisingly well this season.

I think I will still keep it my music room this year, knowing that I kept all
that moisture at bay all those months.

Music for the ears and green beauty for the eyes. Now that's hard to match. 









No comments:

Post a Comment