Thursday, June 28, 2018

Urban Container Farming Refresh


















Something spanking brand new. I think these are the new mini
San Manzano cherry tomato, which I picked out of a local
Thai BBQ's salad buffet.


Verses planting a brand new cutting from a tried and true
Turkish tomato planted along side their heir parent.

The planter on the left is the Everglade berry sized tomato. I trimmed that back
heavily about a week and a half ago and it's sprouting back quite readily.

All of these containers get a refresh with a top dressing of some fresh compost,
garden lime and some store bought Mr. Earth organic vegetable fertilizer.
Tomorrow I will give them a drench of liquid fish emulsion fertilizer mixed
with my over abundance of stored rainwater.

Trim away the old and barren and encourage renewed growth, given all the essentials.

I hope this year old Banana pepper plant can thrive through another hot and
humid season.


No comments:

Post a Comment