Thursday, December 28, 2017

Taking A Pause With Winter Survey With A Notable Garden Event

Twenty to thirty years ago a green anole lizard was common place,
as common and as numerous as a common house fly.

Now, I'm lucky to get a half dozen sightings in a year. Well one
of those happened yesterday as I was reshaping a clump of
spiky bromeliads.

As soon as I cut out one of these lethal barbed plant buddies and throwing it
back into the center. What do I spy?

It stayed attached and in spite of a this dramatic shift of earthquake magnitude.
It pops out and surveys it's new surroundings. Long enough for me to dash into
the house to fetch my cell phone and capture this picture.

I'm always grateful to have seen one of these green anoles. Where as the brown
cuban  anoles have taken over with their now ubiquitous presence.

Another observation, is how smooth this green anole looks. Thinking that it must
of just shed it's skin? Normally it's scales are easily observed. I'm hoping that I will
get another opportunity to capture some more pictures.

I have better odds of winning our Florida lotto than getting another sighting of
this same lizard, unfortunately.

Just for the record, I did find myself in line today buying a lotto ticket, which in
it's self is a rare event. To see which event materializes.



No comments:

Post a Comment