Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Cnidoscolus aconitifolius Or Chaya Tree, A Gift From Irma

I've been coveting this specimen every time I drove by it, only
like a constant gardener can. AI, after Irma, this tree went missing
like so many once standing trees that now are only great voids. Voids
that will go missing to those that never knew they existed and will
be known to those and their retelling to those that listen and wil
go on living in those stories.

This is my second passing of this once great looking specimen, but
this time is was now a pile of once was on the side of the road. Now
their green heads popping up, like it was saying, look at me still.
This time I stopped my car and got out of my car cautiously to cross
the road to answer that call and selected me a few viable looking
twigs.






All of those white spots along side those stems are potential advantageous
roots. I will let the ends of these dry out and scab over before putting them
in some small containers, containers that almost got recycled in our city's
recycle bin along with some sandy soil and at which time they will out grow.



One of many uses for a Talenti container.

No comments:

Post a Comment