Friday, September 22, 2017

Cacao Tree Rescue

Had this tree going on twenty-eight months now. Started from a seedling
purchased locally and my my my how has it grown.



Bringing this in to protect it from Irma's demise. Irma's winds would have
decimated this tree while still only in it's youth.

Look what came attached to this tree.

A welcomed hitchhiker and a good sign too, if you believe in that stuff.


Three days indoors and semi regular sprays of water to help this green creature
stay hydrated.  It was still attached to it's Cacao companion and showing off
it's color changing tricks, sporting a brown upper torso. Don't have a picture
to show. By the time I came back with my camera it had dashed off to more
natural environs and all to happy to be outdoors and perhaps oblivious to what
had transpired only days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment