Monday, April 17, 2017

A Bountiful Beavy of Tomatoes

I've been feasting on some mystery tomato I started from seed.
Mystery because I can't seem to find the so called name of this
tomato on line.Was told it was a Turkish Delight. Delightful it
is. Served up with some Cucumber, olive oil, salt and pepper.

A tinge of orange and a creamy texture with the right balance of acid.

Which brings me to my next harvest. These are Brandywine and I've yet
to try this one. This tomato is becoming very aromatic as the each day goes
by, so what's one more day?

A touch of pink and a lot of 'How great this Tomato is' will make it tough
to not put this on a pedestal.

This is the second time now that I've been harvesting my tomatoes green.
I've notice no difference in ripening with the Turkish variety from picked
to as on the vine. Besides why keep an open invitation to our Florida bugs
when I can minimize the collateral damage.

Mites have taken their toll and soapy water only goes so far along with diligence.

Needless to say I have started some more seedlings of my most successful and tastey
Florida grown variety as of today.



No comments:

Post a Comment