Monday, May 16, 2016

My Buckets Floweth Over

The day before yesterday I was doling out the last of my collected rain
water. I only have two five gallon food grade buckets for collecting water.
Used specifically for my potted veggies. This time of the year my veggies
are growing rapidly and there is no way I can keep up with their thirst with
what little water I collect, knowing that we are in our seasonal dry spell.
So needless to say I've been resorting to twice a day drink to keep my
plants from wilting and flourishing.

So these past few days I've been rationing out this collected water to other
potted plants in need of this water. My priorities lie with those that still have
my interest of them being novel for starters. Other notables are seedlings
and cuttings. I had mentioned earlier about a specific plant that had gone
into dormancy and had just revealed a few sprouts the other day when I
was giving a friend a tour of my garden. Those highlighted on this tour
were also those that got the supplemental collection of water.  

As I type this the sound of rain has commenced for a second time this
evening to only reassure my hopes of finding a bountiful supply of
natures best come tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment