Friday, May 22, 2015

Zephyranthes grandiflora - Rain Lilly Update and Bald Cypress Tree seedling discovery.

Rain Lilly day two.

Rain Lilly day three (above) and a second bud popped up (below).





Close ups of the first flower of the season.




Really close.




Say Aahhhhh!




Compost surprise never ceases to amaze me. Viola !, One Cypress Tree seedling.
I have nine Bald Cypress trees and all but three of them are producing cones. Between
the squirrels chomping away on these cones and not surprised if they burying the cones.
I would have thought there would be a lot more seedlings sprouting up. The one above
is the second case that I've seen and they both happen to be in pots where they made
their welcomed beginnings be known.

I also built a Tomato cage out of Bamboo and copper wire. Pictures posted tomorrow.
A dear friend has been inundated with an invasive (running) Bamboo planted by a well
intentioned neighbor. I've since made a Dream Catcher from Bamboo, so why not a
Tomato cage. 

Rain Lilly second bloom, first day.









First bloom, second day. Note the pollen grains.

There are now four blooms as of today. You've seen two, you've seen four. - 5/27/15


Day four, Bald Cypress Tree seedling, screaming  "I am here, I am here!"



Bald Cypress Tree seedling's first needles. - 5/27/15


No comments:

Post a Comment