Friday, July 10, 2015

Second round of Texas Ebony propagation; this time Nature gets a crack

  Having woken from a nap this afternoon, recovering from yesterday's Yoga barre
session. I had with a thought and inclination to revisit the sight where I had gathered
some Ebony seed pods to see if I might find some seedlings. My first attempt to
sprout some seeds did not go well. To my surprise and amazement there were
about a dozen seedlings about two inches tall at the base of this tree. Needless
to say did not waste anytime digging some up , using a seed pod as my tool of
convenience . Good thing I keep some water in my trunk with my Yoga gear, as
to minimize the shock to this seedlings that have been torn from their infant
beginnings. You would think I would come more prepared, but something to said
about using what with what you have around you.

Transplanted to a very quick draining soil with nearly fifty percent coarse beach
sand and the coarse nursery mix.



It's no wonder that this plant is prized in the world of Bonsai.


Tell me that this little munchkin isn't channeling it's inner Bonsai.


I see a giant Sequoia like Bonsai in its future.


Looking good in spite of the ugly white recycled container.


Verdict still out on these but you never know. They
just may be late bloomers.

Nice curves there Bonsai.

Not a bad one in the bunch.
 
Will have to keep an eye on these to ease their transition to
a potted culture. Climbing back into my Helicopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment