Sunday, March 28, 2021

...This Elderberry

 

First set of blooms emerging from a transplanted Elderberry volunteer in my neighbor's front

yard late summer I think of last year. What was barely two feet tall now close to twelve feet.

Yes they are a bit weedy , not to mention poisonous, and they run their shoots underground.

Some careful pruning below and above ground makes it into a rather stately beauty, if you

ask me.


My intent when I planted this was not so much for the berries but with the intention to making

some Elderberry Flower flavoring. Whether that happens is an all together another effort, which

only time will tell.


So yes, on the tail of establishing my Jackfruit Tree that has two feet over this Elderberry and 

started from seed, mind you. This bud reveal on this Elderberry is definitely this Spring's highlight 

for this constant gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment