Thursday, August 8, 2019

Who Who's Looking At WHo


Backyard bald cypress tree and bird of prey causing a commotion.



















Second sighting, first digital capture.
Heard these for years in our Florida neighborhood.

In this case I heard a commotion of blue birds yappin
away. So I thought I would investigate. I figured it had to
be something special because I never new blue jays to
cause such fuss. Looked up to find a mass of feathers,
not knowing what it was until I made a clucking noise
to get this stare down and what a sight. Walked, then ran
back into my house to get my phone/camera and pleased
to see that it was still there for this magnificent capture.

First sighting was in an oak tree in my front yard. As I just
happened to be looking at my tree, as most gardener's do.
One moment there was this gray area that appeared to be
bark then moment's later a hole, then just as quickly it
turns to gray. Except this time I paid more attention and
notice a pair of eyes winking. Low and behold it's a baby
owl looking out for it's next meal, no doubt. Only to
loose that same tree in a hurricane that same year.






No comments:

Post a Comment