Sunday, October 14, 2018

Yoga Underneath The Sweetgum Tree - American sweetgum (Liquidambar styraciflua)

After an early dash to our downtown curbside market.

I was taking care of a pruning task in my front yard when a group of
neighbors toting yoga mats and on a mission. Needless to say and
recognizing this yoga trance and asked if they were heading out for
some yoga. Yes, and it starts in seventeen minutes at Anchor Park
on the lake along with an invitation that you should join us. Wrapped
up my pruning, tied my rolled yoga mat to my bike's handlebars, a first.
Certainly not the safest way to ride a bike, knowing that Saturday
mornings on the lake there will be plenty of pedestrians.  Headed out
with in my yoga trance to Anchor Park and passed my neighbors on
the way, with a disclaim, follow me!

Setup mat under this gorgeous American Sweetgum tree laden
with Spanish moss and a dead branch, leftover from last year's
hurricane Irma. Cradled and not wanting to give up it's bones.
In order to keep out of the sun for an hour.

Needless to say it was a treat to lookup and see this splendor
while doing a bit of yoga in some relatively cool Autumn
temperatures and no ant bites, though plenty of dried vicious
seed pods that eventually had to be cleared underfoot as
the practice progressed. Along with two additional shifts
to stay in this welcomed shade.

Closing this blog practice with the traditional Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment