Thursday, April 5, 2018

Helper Tree Gets A Major Trim

This tree is over thirty years old but doesn't look a day over fifteen, due
to it's heavy trimming. Otherwise this tree has no business being this
close to the house. Most defiantly a volunteer and as most Camphor
trees here in mid Florida are sensitive to our hard freezes that occur
on occasion. So being on the west side of the house and relatively
close to the house gives it a better chance of not getting burnt by
a hard freeze.

This tree helps me climb up on top of the roof of my house more
confidently than using a ladder. So once every two years It gets a
a trim and shaping to keep it's symbiotic relationship intact. 

This tree has been perched on by many of Spring migrating birds.
Numerous stray cats, that I've seen through my kitchen window
and who knows how many other critters that I've that have gone
unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment