Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Various updates, cuttings, seedlings and new bloom.

Easter cactus cutting has a new sprout of new growth.


Drunkard's Dream cactus also doing well with new growth. This is also interplanted
with a long hanging cactus that I've yet to identify.

Mistletoe Cactus hanging out of the pot is doing well also. One of a few invasive
plants that I hope I don't regret taking on.






Hesperaloe Parviflora, Red Yucca first time bloom since purchased it four years ago
from downtown farmers market. Saw these in San Antonio, Tx being used in a lot
of commercial landscaping.

My Ghost Albino Amryillis seedling has given up the ghost. Like a fallen knight or
sleeping beauty, take your pick. It rests from a brief and glorious reign amongst the
pigmented free.



A fallen Angel no doubt one of many pollen collectors,eaters or predators that have
 been drawn to my Chinese Box Orange bush that has been ablaze with bees.

First ripe tomato from my volunteer tomato plant this morning. It was a bit bloated and
split from yesterday's rain and soon to get another drench here in a minute. This plant
has some sort of blight I suspect, never seen this one before. dark veins through out
the new growth before the leaves darken. I'm trying to stay ahead of it and cut off the
offending branches.

 Getting ready to start on the last set of exterior house windows that need painting,
which means that I am contemplating and waiting on weather break.

No comments:

Post a Comment